Cooking is magic where you find all the necessary herbs, powders and serums, brew the magic potion which when contacts the taste buds, takes you to another world. All you need is the interest and the formula. If you are eager to learn some magic, bring the interest on and let me give you the formula.
Below is a beautiful poster that I found online. I loved this instantly because, these words are the music of cooking. I thought I would share it here for, I will be using some of these words in this post. 🙂
Image courtesy: http://www.apisanet.com
Cooking, like any other art, is initially learnt using some rules and later, the rules are forgotten and it all comes from the heart. Umpteen people from around the world are preparing new dishes, releasing new recipes day by day that it is impossible to count them. Cooking being an ocean, here are some sand grains that I picked up from the shore during my cooking journey. 🙂 I present some of the recipes that make me drool all the time.
1. A cake made of just 4 ingredients and no oven.
Marie Gold biscuit – Half packet
Hide & Seek choco-chip biscuits – 2 packets
Milk – Half cup
Chocolate 20 g – 2 Nos.
1. Powder the biscuits
2. Melt the chocolate in milk until they blend in well.
3. Pour the chocolate-milk mixture slowly, little by little, into the biscuit powder.
4. Mix them to get the consistency of cake.
5. Place the mixture in a mould and refrigerate.
Note: You may use chocolate syrup instead of milk and chocolate.
2. A pudding made in 4 simple steps that barely take 20 minutes – Orange Delight
Gelatin – 2 Tbsp
Milk cream – 2 Cups
Orange juice – 3 Cups
Milkmaid – 1 Tin
1. Prepare a bath by taking water in a big vessel and heating it.
2. Pour the juice in a smaller vessel, add the gelatin and place it on the water-bath.
3. Keep stirring the orange juice until the gelatin dissolves.
4. Once the gelatin is fully dissolved, add the fresh cream and blend.
5. Add the milkmaid, blend and refrigerate.
Note: You may use any other juice as per your taste.
3. Lip-smacking evening snack that you won’t believe is so easy to make – Chatpati Aloo
Ingredients for 4 servings:
Potatoes – 6 average
Yoghurt – ¾ cup
garam masala powder – ½ tsp
garlic ginger paste – ½ tbsp
chili powder – ½ tsp
coriander powder – ½ tsp
kasuri methi leaves – 1 tsp
lemon juice – 1 tsp
Salt – As required
Oil – As required
1. Boil the potatoes for just 2 whistles.
2. Peel them & cut them into 8 pieces each.
3. Mix all the above ingredients except oil.
4. Marinate the potatoes and place them for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Fry the aloo in oil.
6. Sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon juice on them.
Note: Tastes better if mint chutney sprinkled on the fried aloo.
I have just given three of my favorite and easy dishes that could be made at anytime. The availability of ingredients wouldn’t be a problem since they all have simple ingredients that could be picked up from the supermarket at any given point of time. Besides, some of these recipes are flexible and can be easily substituted with other ingredients.
I don’t have good pictures of the same. But lack of images or clarity does not mean that the outcome would be lacking. At any given point of time, I would vouch for the deliciousness of these dishes.